The committee have put together a Team Selection Guideline to help families understand how the beginning of the 2022 season will work:
Register your child online. ("Junior Player Registration Form")(located in the Registration forms tab). You will receive a confirmation email to your nominated email account, Print this off and bring to weigh in. You can also pay online. The cost per child is $90 or if you have more than one sibling you can register as a Family for $150.
Attend one of the weigh ins.
Team Selection Criteria
- All teams in each grade are to have an even number of players
- All teams are to have enough players for at least 2 reserves (eg. 10 in squad for 8 aside, 12 for 10 aside etc)
- Each team requires two coaches (both to attend Small Blacks Course)
- Teams are to include kids from a mixture of schools to encourage greater social interaction
- Year on year team squads will stay together (as much as is practical)
- Coaches will be consulted prior to players being moved from their teams (for whatever reason) before the start of the season
All team squads will be approved by the Junior Club Captain and the two convenors, prior to these being issued to the HBRU before the start of the season
If you have any questions regarding the Junior selection process, you can email
firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.